The Institution of Engineers ( India ) is the largest multi-disciplinary engineering professional society, established with a view to promote and advance the science, practice and business of engineering.Registered in 1920, with HQ in Kolkata, and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935, IEI has achieved phenomenal growth in size and scope of activities and has continued to be the only professional body in India .
Today, its quest for professional excellence has given it a place of pride in almost every prestigious and relevant organization across the globe. IEI has 16 state centres, 26 local centres, 21 sub centres all over India. IEI’ s council, the supreme body for governance and control is assisted by its Division boards, CATE, several committees and forums.
The Institution of Engineers India, Berhampur Local Centre started functioning on 3rd November, 1996 in the residential building, Forest Colony of Mr. Sachidananda Panigrahi, the first Chairman of BLC and Chief Engineer of Water Resource Department, Govt. of Orissa. With the combined effort of Er. Sudarshan Panda, the Hony. Secretary and the Hony. Chairman it started with 98 members. In the year 1997-98 it was shifted to UCP Engineering School, Berhampur. In the year 2003-04 it was relocated at Quality Control Division, W. R Depart at Courtpeta. With the effort of past Chairman and Secretary the corporate members are projected to 795. With the combined effort it is going to have its own land and building in 2015.
Important : Approval of AICTE for AMIE passouts with M.E./M.Tech for teaching assignments